When: 19 September - 23 September 2011
Where: 3Hoog, Leuven, Belgium
Price: 2000 Euro (excl VAT / all-in)
Apple iOS Development Training
Are you planning development for the Apple iOS platform? Targeting the Apple iPod, iPhone or iPad devices? Then our iOS development training is there for you! We will give you an very thorough introduction to:
- the Objective-C language,
- the Apple!XCode!development platform,
- the iOS SDK
- the App Store publishing process.
This document gives you an overview of our 5-day training, and you can find more detailed information by sending an e-mail to
- Introduction to ANSI C
- In-depth: memory management
- Introduction to Objective-C
- Comparison with Java, .NET ...
- Recurring patterns in Objective-C
- Singleton, delegate, interface/implementation ...
- Test device registration
- Use of basic API’s in Objective C:
- Core Foundation
- Core Data
- Logging, file system access
- Interface builde
- Core Graphics
- @ UIKit
- Exercises: re-usable components
- Debugging iOS applications
- Unit testing with XCode
- Optimizing applications using instruments
- Publishing to the App-Store
- Exercises: compose a sample application
- Do’s and don’ts (best practices)
This day is intended as a starting point towards your own application. You can ask questions concerning your own plans & target application, and we’ll help you on the way. At the end of the day, you should leave with the basic framework of your application.
Included in the course
The following items are included in the course for every participant:
- Lunch and drinks during the course
- A copy of the presentation slides,
- The full source code of the exercises,
- A binder containing the printed course materials and your notations,
Requirements for participating in the course
Good knowledge of an object-oriented programming language, like C# .NET or Java,
A recent MacBook or MacBook Pro, capable of running the XCode development environment, with this software pre-installed, and with a working AirPort adapter and a power adapter.
Note: You need administration privileges on your MacBook or MacBook Pro, and a roaming profile if you have a managed system.